For those who have an interest in preparedness and survival kits, you have likely seen the infamous Nalgene Bottle Survival Kit – a survival kit where your survival items (knife, fire starting devices, signal mirror, compass, etc…) are contained within the Nalgene Bottle itself.
There are 3 factors which make this system appealing.
- You can easily transfer it from one pack to another.
- It’s small. It’s common for survival kits to be left behind or neglected because they are too bulky to pack quickly and easily.
- The bottle itself is very effective at protecting the survival contents from water and being crushed. The other benefit of housing your survival kit in a Nalgene bottle is that it will float if dropped in water. Tip: Buy a brightly coloured bottle so you can easily spot it if you lose it or if it goes overboard.
- The bottle contains enough space in which to house all your essential survival gear.
- The bottle provides effective protection for contents against crushing and is water tight – making it float too!
- A brightly coloured cap makes it visible. In addition, choose a clear bottle so you can quickly see how much water you have left.
- The size of the Nalgene Survival bottle is small enough to easily take with you without being a burden.
- Using the bottle in conjunction with the Snowpeak Mini Solo Titanium Cookset gives you a two piece cookset which can be used to cook food, but more importantly, boil water.
- The mesh bag that comes with the Snowpeak cookset gives you something to carry your survival contents in when your bottle is being used to carry water.
A perfect fit!
Note: The Nalgene Survival bottle system uses the 1 litre “Wide-Mouth” Nalgene bottle.